The position is for 15-20 hours per week (part time), with potential for full time.
The Project Manager works cross functionally and owns the full life-cycle for the creation of photography assets. This vital role acts as a conduit to ensure efficient and successful completion. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of photography project management operations, to help create a best in class organization under the Imagery vertical.
- Work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and timelines, independently and with a team. Can problem solve quickly seeing the big picture while knowing the details. Able to prioritize, communicate and call to action with clarity and speed.
- Partner with stakeholders to scope and vet projects through the lens of business needs while taking account of the creative and operation considerations.
- Follow and guide the life cycle of photography production projects from kick off to image placement.
- Effectively lead a team of project coordinators; know when to delegate or get in the weeds if necessary to get projects back on track.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, development and performance management for the team.
- Have a proven track record of developing and refining processes as it relates to photography production.
- Photography Manager is basically a Project Manager that will collect requirements from the Client’s team and check the images, what is missing, prepare spreadsheets and make sure that Client knows what to do when they need new images
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- The Photography Manager will have a deep working knowledge of photography terms and rights management, photography techniques, and art direction (Although photography skills do expressly not to be applied actively, some knowledge is requested).
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Previous experience working in creative traffic management, e-commerce photo/video. Please send a list of previous similar work experience.
Key Attributes for Success:
- Proactive – Will come to the production team with ideas and more importantly solutions to challenges. You want to make an impact.
- Critical Thinker – Can plan two steps ahead and solve before problems arise. Can evaluate a situation quickly and make an informed, thoughtful decision.
- Perseverance – Seeks ambiguous problems, will show grit and then scope, evaluate, and work to find a solution.
- Passionate – Has enthusiasm for photography production and wants to grow within the role and keep informed of industry trends
- Organized – No detail is too small, plans down to the minute and keeps everyone informed at all times.
- Innovative – Open to new ideas, will know when to change course, and evaluate creative needs when balanced against output and cost.
- Strategic – You can quickly and easily identify long-term goals or interests and efficiently scope the means needed to achieve them
- Diplomatic – Respected by cross functional partners, relationship building is a strength of yours and you’re skilled at managing relations between teams.
Location: Hong Kong, China
To apply for this role and become part of the Jonckers Team, send your CV to : [email protected] with the subject line PM ROLE HONG KONG. Good luck!