Mission – Company Culture
Jonckers Translation & Engineering, is a leading multilingual software localization, translation and technical documentation company with headquarters in Brussels and subsidiaries in Great Britain, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Japan, China, Vietnam and the U.S. The company provides customized, turn-key localization and translation solutions to industry leaders in the IT, manufacturing, services and distribution sectors.
The Language Analyst is a member of the Production staff and reports to the Language Services Director
The role and key responsibilities of the Language Analyst consist of:
1. Defining and implementing the best Language processes for each strategic account he/she is in charge of
2. Analyzing the source material of new projects and defining the translation instructions and process
3. Setting the language quality standards of localization tasks for both internal and external translators, reviewers and testers
4. Organize the implementation of Machine translation and post-editing processes in the projects and support the company’ adaptation to these processes
5. Provide all necessary instructions to external language resources at project level and more generally on customer requirements
6. Assessing and/or managing and controlling the assessment of language quality for both internal and external translators, reviewers and testers
7. Cooperating closely with Procurement Area Managers to ensure that external resources execute according to the required quality standards and attend status meetings with external resources
8. Be in direct contact with strategic customers to understand their requirement, suggest process improvement or solutions, review performance, …
9. Participate in continuous improvement activities at a project and company level with a particular regard to language tasks and quality. This continuous improvement should be done in accordance with the management objectives.
In addition, the Language Analyst can be assigned to any of the following activities as described below:
• Review and quality assurance
• Machine translation post-editing
• TM management
• Terminology management
• Style guide management
Brno Czech Republic, or Žilina, Slovakia
• Degree in translation or linguistic-related studies
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar function
• English as main source language. Native speaker of German, French, Spanish or Russian is a plus
• Specialization in IT-related materials, and/or technical/marketing documentation
• Previous experience with Machine translation and post-editing processes
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Extensive user of Windows desktop, email, and file management applications.
• Knowledge of software localization and CAT tools and techniques
• Team-worker with good communication and interpersonal skills, open to change and enthusiastic about new technologies.
To apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Recruitment@jonckers.com. Please specify the position you are applying for and its location in the subject line.